We bring gold standard healthcare to you.
Hands & Upper Limbs Rehabilitation
Our hands and upper limbs are so important in making many of our daily living activities possible – from being able to pursue our interest in different types of sports, down to the fine movement of being able to button shirts, zip pants and sign our names. Hence when the use of our hands or upper limbs has been restricted through an injury or illness, on top of physical deficits, our mental wellbeing could be also affected.
Part of our core team, our hand therapy & upper limb rehabilitation specialists provides support to a wide variety of clients who face difficulties in using their hand, following an injury or illness.
Our client-centred approach ensures that while our clients receive the highest level of care based on latest evidence based practices, most importantly, they are also empowered to manage their own upper limb rehabilitation should they wish to do so.
Our hand therapy & upper limb rehabilitation services:
– Customised splint fabrication for various hand conditions
– Therapeutic exercises and activities for functional strengthening, conditioning and range of motion
– Sensory re-education
– Prescription of tailored home exercise programs
– Manual therapy with soft tissue mobilization
– Ergonomic assessment and evaluation
– Adaption of everyday activities with modified tools
– Handwriting, dexterity, fine motor rehabilitation
– Fractures (shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand)
– Tendon injuries and repair
– Nerve injuries and repair
– Fingertip Injuries
– Soft tissue / ligament injuries (eg. TFCC injuries, Scapholunate wrist injuries)
– Stroke (Upper limb rehab)
– Repetitive strain injuries (eg. Tennis elbow, trigger finger, carpal tunnel)
– Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
– Handwriting difficulties
To ensure that we can better help you achieve your goals, our therapists will perform a thorough assessment on your first visit and discuss personalised goals that are realistic and meaningful to you.
Subsequently, to ensure progression towards your goals, subjective and objective markers such as your pain, range of motion, sensation and strength will be measured, depending on your needs.